New Jersey is home to
Did you know that…
- Ferraro U.S.A., the maker of Tic Tacs, the world’s best selling breath mint.
- Johnson & Johnson, supplier of most of the surgical dressings used by Allied forces during World War I.
- Campbell Soup, world-famous soup maker which was founded in 1869.
- Hertz, the world’s largest car rental company.
- Merck & Co., the world’s largest drug maker
- Other pharmaceutical and medical product manufacturers including American Home Products, Schering-Plough, Hoffman-LaRoche, and Warner-Lambert.
- Block Drug, makers of Sensodyne, Polident, Poli-Grip, and other products.
- Toys R Us, the world’s largest toy retailer.
- Goya Foods.
- Bestfoods, makers of Hellmann’s mayonnaise, Thomas’ English muffins, Skippy peanut butter, and Mazola oil.
- Lenox China, founded in 1889.
- Prudential Insurance, founded in the 1870’s.
- Newcomers include Tommy Hilfiger, Volkswagen, Barnes & Noble, and Lucent Technologies.
- The second largest waterfall in North America, the Great Falls of Passaic.
- The most heavily traveled toll road in the United States, the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Headquarters to 23 of the Fortune 500 companies.
- The oldest pari-mutuel harness track in the country in Freehold.
- The largest safari preserve in the United States at Six Flags Great Advenuture.
- The legendary Jersey Devil in the Pine Barrens.
- And had been home to or is the home to Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Lauryn Hill, Whitney Houston, Jack Nicholson, Joe Piscopo, Kevin Spacey, Dave Thomas the founder of Wendy’s, Dionne Warwick, Judy Blume, Frank Sinatra, Jerry Lewis, Meryl Streep, Joe Pesci, Buzz Aldrin, William “Count” Basie, Sandra Dee, Abbott and Costello, Grover Cleveland, Anne Morrow Lindberg, Jason Alexander, Bill Maher, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Richard Nixon, Norman Mailer, Sarah Vaughan, Tom Cruise, Charles Addams, Paul Robeson, Paul Simon, Stephen Crane, Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein and more!